Friday 4 March 2016

VIETNAM!

                                                              HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM

This is the view from the rooftop of the hostel where I stayed, called Vietnam Inn Saigon. This is the old Saigon.






The tall building to the left is called "The Tower". It's the tallest building around here. There are also long parks that border the roads and stretch on for half a km. The trees are well-kept and beautiful. So, why didn't I get a picture of the parks?? (Because I left the memory card at the hostel. Oops.)


Ho Chi Minh was fun. I was treating myself to a nice vacation after slugging it out at the school in Mae Sai. So, I took advantage of the two free beers offered on the rooftop bar. (Still I only ever drank one beer. It was nice.) The first night, the music was cool with just music and no words but the next time I went up, it was raunchy rap music with really dumb lyrics that are very distracting. Still, breakfast is FREE, so...



                                                                           Vietnamese Coffee



They make it STRONG! It's like a black syrup almost, but the taste is a bit vanilla-ish. That's how I'd best describe it.

Again, as in Thailand, I ask them to top up the cup with a little more hot water because the coffee is served only half-filling the cup. Somebody needs to come over here and open a Timmy's. So far I haven't seen any Starbucks around. All the mod coffee shops serve this vanilla flavoured stuff or they'll make a cappuccino with lots of foam on top... but it still tastes vanilla- ish.


No comments:

Post a Comment