Tuesday 8 March 2016

A Fishing Village in Vietnam

Eating brunch at my favourite restaurant, I spotted this funny vessel out on the water!
Are you SERIOUS? A bath-tub boat? Apparently, not only was he serious, but, as I 
later discovered, there are many of these guys. Rowing around in bath-tub 
boats. Seriously.



 

 An American I met at my favourite restaurant offered to take me to the local fishing village down the road. We went in a taxi about 4 kms and this is what we saw. 




Bath-tub boats of all different colors, like Smarties sprinkled all around. Perfect for catching fish. These fish can be bought here at the local restaurants on the cheap all cooked up for you. They are held in water tanks alive... all kinds of squid, shrimp, prawns, eels, sting rays and even snakes. In fact, there's a sea food sign with a picture of a cobra on it and I don't quite make the connection between sea food and cobras.

There's lots of big fat frogs for you to chomp on too. They go well with your crocodile burger and a slice of fried snake, if you're feeling adventurous.







One of the little cuties at the beach selling shells and souvenirs to the rich tourists. She knew at least two words of English: "hello" and "money". And who wouldn't buy something from such a sweetie?









Sunset...


No comments:

Post a Comment