Thursday 17 January 2013

Home Sweet Home

 This is my front yard in Kampar, Malaysia. It would be hard for you to locate it since there are several hundred yards exactly like this one. My house is attached to the houses on either side, so we are quite cozy.

Two doors down a Policeman lives with his family. He came to my gate one day bearing gifts to welcome me to the neighborhood! It was some kind of salty stuff in the shape of a crisp with peanuts in it. Anyway, good to know there's a Policeman living so close.




 Here's a shot of my wascally gwand-wabbits. They're a bit older than this now. Another welcoming party!







                 My living room and front entrance. On the other side of the left wall, there is the master bedroom.

Both dogs were in the yard to welcome me home from my weary travels. I had walked for about half an hour after disboarding the bus on the other side of the housing development. When I asked the bus driver if he could let me down, he insisted that it was raining and I'd get wet and on and on. . . So, he continued driving past where I needed to get off, making the distance even longer for me to walk back! And, besides, it really wasn't raining at all. Just a little drizzle. Refreshing actually when you have to walk with two back-packs for a mile or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment