Tuesday 6 October 2015

Seriously, Indonesia?

Come on! Since I got here, I haven't been able to see the sky! No kidding! It's a white-out. Haze in the morning. Haze in the evening. Haze at supper-time.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I'm BEGGING YOU, INDONESIA! STOP THE BURNING!

You're killing us! They can't even send their kids to school here! A couple of days ago, the index reading was at 200. I'm not sure what that means, but it's bad.

I have a white table cloth on my table in the kitchen and it gets covered with little black pieces of soot every day. I leave the table cloth on so I can get an idea of what condition the air is in that day. BAD. We're breathing this stuff in every day for months! It HAS to be illegal.

I'm just a tourist without any influence, but I pray someone somehow will do something to stop this. The conditions for human life are very bad here. No wonder there are no other tourists around. Even the natives are taking off to get out of this.

Over the past month, I've been living inside of a cloud of smoke. On top of which, three times already I have had my temporary home smoked with DDT!

It's a good thing I don't have asthma.






No comments:

Post a Comment