Monday 23 September 2013

News Flash!

I have to admit, this news flash is actually just gossip that has been passed onto me. Nevertheless, I believe it's true.

After a friend of a friend was held at gun point and robbed of her jewelry and money, the burglaries started to hit closer to home. Our friend was just seeing her husband out of the gate and as his car drove away, the burglars managed to slip into her yard before the gate fully closed. They came into her home, wielding "parongs" (what I would call  machettes) and a gun!

Imagine her shock. She had a serious medical condition and so was already in a weakened state before they arrived. They aimed their gun at the dog, threatening to kill it and she pleaded for its life. Whether she fell on the floor or was pushed, I haven't ascertained, but she was on the floor and couldn't get herself up. The bandits locked her maid into her bedroom. (The maid took advantage of the situation to call our friend's husband, who turned his car around and headed home. Although too late to catch the robbers, he at least helped his wife.)

Now, these men had been making the rounds in that particular neighbourhood where other of my friends happen to live, so we had prayer against this inroad of the enemy!

A while later, the Police chased down the robbers in their car! They even managed to shoot one of the men without killing him and discovered that the team is from South America!

It seems their looting has come to an end, at least in my friends' neighbourhood! We can all breathe a sigh of relief. (I include myself in this, since I stay at the house of friends' in that neighbourhood overnight once per week.) Many of the yards have low walls or walls that are easily penetrable. The guard house has been out of commission for years and it seems the local Police don't even know how to find their way around the area!

Still, we are very grateful to the Seremban Police for a job well-done! THANKS GUYS! You deserve a doughnut. Or, at least a Papa Roti or something...

I guess it just goes to show me that there is a time and a place for weapons, although I hate to admit it.
As Featured On EzineArticles

No comments:

Post a Comment