Wednesday 10 February 2016

Aekthaweewit School (Great Thais Academy)

 This is my desk. It's situated so that I catch the wind tunnel air that freezes my feet. And every student that attends the classes to my left passes by my desk, greeting me with, "Good morning/afternoon, Teacher." The kids are so darn cute, it's hard to get mad at them even when they bump into my desk while I'm writing. And they do that constantly. It's all part of the fun.


Every day since the day I started (January 4th), the students have been practising their performances. You'll notice they are in socks, except the boys on the back row. Students are required to remove their shoes before entering the classrooms. And, often you'll see them walking the halls in socks, mostly because they get tired of putting their shoes on and off so many times a day. The teachers, however, get to keep their shoes on. In the kindergarten, though even the teachers wear indoor slippers.




This is one of my classes. I teach 8 classes of grades 1 to 6. This is a grade 4 class, all ready and anxious for another English class with Teacher Brenda. I wish.


"Let's Go!" is the name of the English book they're studying. And the reason they're wearing jackets is because it's freezing in the classroom. Ok, not freezing per say, but it's pretty cold for Thailand and when the windows are open!



They make peace signs with their fingers but noise is in their hearts! And it's constant. School is different nowadays to what it was when I was a student. But, one way or another, they seem to learn stuff, probably mostly from each other. Although, I do hope that my lessons are contributing something to these rambunctious, energetic, sugar-hyped, young, up-and-coming learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment